Skip to main content

This is all about adventures in the Florida Keys, Key Largo and Key West!


     

    
     The “1/11/19 Issue of the Caribbean and Florida Keys Best-Kept Secrets!” newsletter is out. I got some neat videos and articles on Islamorada, a favorite cay of mine. After landing in Miami from the cold, bleak gray skies of Ohio, renting a car and driving to Key West, I enjoy the many cool and unusual things to do along the way on Highway #1. Remember the classic TV series Route 66? Well, it’s the same type of adventure for me. This issue describes what I’ve done and what I’m going to do along Highway #1 before the bucket knocks over.

     I love helping to save ocean turtles or pretending I’m Humphrey Bogart sailing on the original African Queen steamboat with Katherine Hepburn down that treacherous river in Uganda. It’s fun to become a rum runner (You know what I’m talking about). I go to the ends of the Earth upon reaching my Key West destination and hit Sloppy Joe’s, after having a few at the No Name Pub along the way (which is mentioned in my spy series). At the day’s end I catch the fascinating sunset on the KW docks, maybe even catch the Fantasy Fest. Who knows?

    This “1/11/19Issue of the Caribbean and Florida Keys Best-Kept Secrets!” talks about my “To Do’s” in KW, like taking the Old Town Trolley to Mallory Square to experience the unique sunset each evening and walking on Smather’s Beach.

     My Route 66, uh, I mean Route #1 journey enables me to feed sharks at the Stoned Crab or take a seaplane to the Dry Tortugas. Ever stroll through the Bight Marina? Do it! As I writer, I enjoy exploring the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum. The grounds are kept in beautiful condition and the weird cats are friendly. Well, not exactly, one bit me (gently) when I tried to pet it. Bad hair day, I guess.

     It’s also fun to climb the stairs of the Key West Lighthouse and... drum roll please, to hike through my favorite place, the Fort Zachary Taylor. So much stuff to do only 100 miles from Cuba, closer than the nearest Walmart. Well, gotta depart this paradise and go back to Ohio, but driving back to the Miami Airport, I plan on spending the night in Key Largo after paddling through the mangrove marshes at the John Pennekamp Reef State Park. 
     Oh, BTW, if you own or manage a cool place in the Florida Keys or Caribbean, please contact me HERE and give me the scoop on it. I'd love to put it/you in the next newsletter.

Popular posts from this blog

CONTACT ME- CUSTOMER SERVICE

Leave a message and I'll contact you ASAP.   ! foxyform

BEST-KEPT CARIBBEAN SECRETS!

Soggy Dollar Beach Bar — Jost Van Dyke, British Virgin Island Many desire to live on a Caribbean Island when they retire, so the article The 10 Best Caribbean Islands to retire on!  is for you to read. I have my favorite beach bars in Nassau, Bahamas, like Nirvana Beach Bar on Love Beach and the Tiki Bikini Hut Beach Bar on Junkanoo Beach. Here's an article on 50 of the best beach bars throughout the Caribbean. Find a safe Caribbean island to enjoy! When you journey to the Caribbean you imagine tranquil white sandy beaches, azure blue water, and an always perfect summertime breeze. However, with the increasing amount of high profile murders and disappearances like that of Natalee Holloway in Aruba in 2005, you may question if the Caribbean islands are a desirable and safe vacation destination. This article will help you chose a safe place. Robert Morton, M.Ed., Ed.S. authors the spy series " Corey Pearson- CIA Spymaster in the Caribbean " and enjoys vacationing

JIMMY BUFFETT MENTIONED IN SPY SERIES

          I'm a Jimmy Buffet fan and mention him off and on in the "Penumbra Database," the first in a series of the Corey Pearson- CIA Spymaster in the Florida Keys and Caribbean spy series . Below is a mention of Jimmy Buckett's past life, when he first started out singing in Key West. A CIA safe house blends in to the homes on Eaton Street. It's a scene from the "Penumbra Database" where General Morrison walks from the safe house to the Turtle Kraal, his favorite eating place in Key West's Historic Seaport District. His counterintelligence (CI) teams protect him along the way:       "As Morrison strolled further down Margaret Street toward Harpoon Harry’s, he felt regret for not telling Corey about the San Francisco CBIF safe house. Through the CSS business, he instructed BHH to attempt to breach Cheng’s MIT computer in Cambridge, Massachusetts and to devise new firewalls to patch up any cyber weaknesses in its defenses. After