Me with former Director of CIA and NSA
General Michael Hayden
Hi, welcome to the Corey Pearson site! I love writing about the U.S. Intelligence Community. Even more, I enjoy hearing about and discussing "spy stuff," so by all means use the "CONTACT ME" form in the right margin to offer suggestions for this site or to submit info about your interests in the dark, undercover world of spying.
As a member of the Association of Former Intelligence Officers (AFIO), I attend seminars and discuss intelligence matters with professionals in and around Washington DC. These intelligence professionals give me much expertise which I incorporate into the Corey Pearson spy series.
I consult with 27 intelligence scholars and field operatives (both retired and still active), in order to make the spy thriller series genuine, factual and timely. For example, I learned much about spy tradecraft after interviewing Harry Mason, who is an expert on foreign and domestic intelligence. He retired from the CIA after 35 years of service, earning both the prestigious CIA Intelligence Medal of Merit and the National Intelligence Medal Of Achievement awards.
Me (far right) with Secret Service agent
Paul Landis (second left). He was right
behind Pres. Kennedy when he was
assassinated in Dallas, TX
I also gained insight into the workings of CIA operatives like Valerie Plame by interviewing a classmate of hers, James Marcinkowski. They trained together at the mysterious CIA operative-training school, called the "Farm."
It's so much fun writing about spy stuff! Take a peek at the titles of the editorials I wrote, which have been published in Gannett's Newspaper Network of Central Ohio, the Tallahassee Florida Democrat, Cochocton Tribune, Zanesville Gazette, Fremont News~Messenger, Port Clinton News Herald, Medford and Ashland Oregon newspapers, and in California's The Press-Enterprise newspaper serving Los Angeles and San Diego Counties:
- 1. "Echelon-A Ray Of Hope or Dispair For Americans?"
- "Plame Leak Puts Intelligence Agents At Risk"
- "How To Prepare For and Apply For Job At The CIA"
- "Bush's Plame Leak Loses To Clinton's Spy Recruiting"
- "If We Can't Spy, Pay China To Do It"
- "Look To China For Surveillance Needs"
- "Politics, Pregnant Moms, Mercury...a Risky Combo"
- "To Pardon Libby or Not: A Matter of Patriotism or Betrayal"
- "Libby's 'Get Out Of Jail Free' Card A Betrayal"
- "Spymasters Reveal Untold Story Of Libby Commutation"
- "Fusion Centers Enable CIA To Spy For, Not On, America"
- "CIA's Medical and Psychological Analysis Center (MPAC) Knows About Castro's Health"
- "Six Cheers For Court Yanking Libby's License"
- "Few CIA Jobs Are Exciting, But All Are Critical To America's Safety"
- "Karl Rove made us all 'Fair Game' "
- Association For Intelligence Officers Weekly Intelligence News (WIN) commentary about Chinese Espionage facility in Cuba.
- Association For Intelligence Officers Weekly Intelligence News (WIN) article about possibility of "super-dirty" bomb being detonated inside U.S. or Israel.